Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Myself As A Audience

Among all the media types, only TV can be continuous and paged, visual and aural, interactive and static. Otherwise media like the media of aural can only be continuous and static. For me the media of TV impresses me most.

In media of TV, there are some methods people usually use to report news, stories and so on. For example, people would not only tell the audience a piece of news as aural does. TV will play what the cameraman took at the scene, which is a method I find persuasive. When reporting a crime case, TV station prefers to display a video of the crime scene to persuade the audience in which there is blood of victims or a mass of people crowded in the street.

Another media type impresses me is print. Especially when I was a kid, I felt everything written in books was right. Why I thought so? I think it is because the audience like children is always given something true to read such as comic of scientists’ autobiography and inventions they made. Also children like to read fairy tales which always have good ends. Both kinds of print works are persuasive to them because the materials are positive and interesting. And young audience believes that those positive and interesting things are right and negative and boring things are wrong which cannot persuade them. As a result, at most time children prefer to read the two kind of print works.

No comments:

Post a Comment