Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mother Tongue

I feel now I was Amy Tan's mother, facing the embarrassment using "broken" English. In the influence of my mother tongue, it is difficult to show my sence of humor in another language. And my mother tongue creats border to the ability of comprehending and using specific words.
To some extent, I am ashamed of this limit.
Nevertheless, we do carry a hidden treasure that may make no sence to others deep the roots. My mother tongue provides the most precious treasure of the culture, the language, the characters and the ways of thinking. It is just because I am not familiar enough with the language I am using right now.
In this way, the girls who are fat are no longer ashamed of their shapes but to appreciate their lovely-looking bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment